I recently had the chance to ride a pair of 2019 Burton Swath Boots for a week’s shredding in Norway. I’m guessing these will sit somewhere in the mid to upper end of the Burton range, as an all mountain boot. They are 100% one of the most comfortable boots I’ve ever worn.
Here’s some info from Burton:
– Speed Zone™ Lacing System Powered by Burton Exclusive New England Ropes with a Lifetime Warranty
– Imprint™ 3 liner with Focus Cuff
– DynoBITE EST® Outsole with ReBounce Cushioning, Sleeping Bag Technology and Recycled Rubber Content
FLEX AND RESPONSE
– Articulating Cuff, GripLITE Backstay, and 1:1 Medium Flex PowerUP Tongue
– Response: 5
– Total Comfort Construction, Shrinkage™ Footprint Reduction Technology, Snow-Proof Internal Gusset
– Ultraweave Shell Material
Straight out of the box the Swaths were pretty much perfect. I had a UK8 (EU 42) which is my usual size. The Swaths are a super lightweight boot that have a really nice balance of flex and support. I particularly like the Imprint 3 liner. The velcro tabs that connect the top of the tongue to the shell works really well – tab them tight for extra support or looser for a more flexible fit.
The Ultraweave shell clearly contributes to the overall weight saving but still feels robust enough. The lacing system is easy to use and proven reliable and the sole unit is comfortable.
They are great for all mountain cruising and would work really well for easy-going splitboarding where the low weight and super nice cuff design would be awesome.
The Swath will be available August / September 2018 in time for the 2018 / 2019 season.