Freeride Map Alpe d’Huez highlights the off piste big mountain descents in and around the French ski resort of Alpe d’Huez. Alpe d’Huez is one of those spots that flies under the radar somewhat. It has an abundance of steep, deep and wild off piste terrain. It’s also located in the Ecrins – a beautiful part of the Alps.
Freeride Maps are an awesome tool for the freeride skier or snowboarder to have in the mountains. Using highly detailed 1:25,000 scale maps as a base, Freeride Maps show popular freeride routes in some of the best areas in the Alps by the use of colour coded overlays. Blue, yellow and red overlays denote the route’s difficulty level. Zones that are particularly prone to avalanche are also highlighted, as are areas protected for wildlife.
Freeride Maps also have a huge amount of general information regarding basic avalanche and mountain safety protocol, along with specific information pertinent to the the local area. Although we regard Freeride Maps are a really useful tool for the freerider, they do not replace knowledge and experience. If in doubt, hire a local mountain guide.
- Colour coded freeride routes in and around Alpe d’Huez
- 3 different colours denote seriousness and difficulty
- Areas particularly prone to avalanche marked
- Wildlife only zones marked
- Weatherproof material
- 1:25,000 map scale is very detailed
- General avalanche and mountain safety info on rear of map
- Local area weather / avalanche / safety info also provided
- Secure checkout with debit / credit card or PayPal
- We ship worldwide!